A new CLiKC! platform
The WCO Secretariat is about to launch a new version of the CLiKC! learning platform, in order to provide users with a comprehensive picture of the Organization’s training material and opportunities available to its Members.
This initiative follows the endorsement by the WCO Capacity Building Committee, in 2018, of a revised training strategy, which calls for the adoption of a blended learning approach that combines traditional classroom teaching practices and online technology, allowing trainers to dedicate more time to practical elements in the classroom, and trainees to have a better learning experience.
To support this shift in the way training is delivered, the new CLiKC! platform will enable its users to:
- view all the training opportunities offered by the WCO Secretariat, such as the “course catalogue,” which includes e-learning courses, global and regional workshops, and other kinds of training events;
- register for online courses;
- request to be registered for classroom courses that are open to their country/region, directly on the website (national coordinators will still be in charge of managing users’ accounts, and users’ registration requests will need to be approved by them);
- ensure that they have the knowledge required to attend a classroom course, by completing the relevant e-learning courses in advance of the classroom session;
- keep track of their achievements and obtain their certificates online, after completing the feedback questionnaire.
Under the new system, the application and registration process for all training, including classroom-based events, will progressively become paperless. This will facilitate the administrative work involved in preparing training workshops, and enable CLiKC!-registered Customs officers and national contact points to be better informed about the opportunities offered by the WCO for developing their technical skills and professionalism.
This evolution of the platform will also feature a new, exciting and engaging design, making CLiKC! the “one-stop shop” for the training of Customs officials. While the new website will officially be launched in June 2019, features will be released progressively up to the end of the year. Comprehensive information and training sessions will be organized for the national coordinators in due course.