WCO launches new online services
The WCO recently launched a new online platform, WCO Trade Tools (www.wcotradetools.org), which offers a single point of access to:
- the 2002, 2007, 2012 and 2017 Editions of the Harmonized System (HS), together with their Legal Notes, Explanatory Notes and Classification Opinions;
- more than 350 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) along with their Preferential Rules of Origin and Product-Specific Rules of Origin; and
- instruments developed by the Technical Committee on Customs Valuation, such as Decisions, Commentaries, Explanatory Notes, Case Studies and Advisory Opinions.
In addition to a user-friendly interface design and efficient search engines, the platform enables users to:
- cross-reference information using a comparison tool for the HS and Preferential Rules of Origin;
- gain a direct overview of the latest HS updates, highlighting the changes introduced;
- track the progression of HS codes across different editions, thanks to the “History” tool; and
- search through Product-Specific Rules of Origin from over 300 regional and international FTAs and access the corresponding HS entry.
Some of the features are available free of charge, for example access to the different HS editions, while others are subject to payment of a subscription fee.